As my sister pointed out this week, the “One the Menu” title of these posts is slightly misleading. In fact, not all of the recipes I share are on my menu for the following week — although they sure would be in an ideal world! Usually, I pick one or two recipes to actually make. Last week, for example, I made the tortellini and vegetable soup.
When it comes down to it, the recipes I share are more delicious than economical — and hat just doesn’t mesh with my grocery budget challenge!
Besides, there are cats to feed.
(Ok, that doesn’t have much to do with it, but I love this picture of Scout and Jem drinking warm milk the other day. They just got spayed, so Dan convinced me they needed a treat.)
Now for food!
- Deliciously Ella: Warm Quinoa Salad With Avocado Cream
- Naturally Sweet Recipes: Easy Tomato and Goat Cheese Tarts
- Two Peas and Their Pod: Smashed Chickpea Greek Salad Sandwich
- Sweet Treats and More: Sweet Potato and Pecan Quinoa Salad
- Ina Garten for O: Tomato Crostini With Whipped Feta*
Of note: I am vegetarian and Dan eats meat. Generally, I make vegetarian entrees with meat on the side.
What are you cooking this week?
*I’m making this as an appetizer for our dinner party this weekend. Thanks to the rain, we have more tomatoes than we know what to do with!