Throughout the past year, I’ve fallen out of the habit of posting on the weekends — and I don’t really miss taking time out of Saturday morning to ramble about something random.
Then I stumbled upon weekly dinner ideas from Going Home to Roost and it clicked: I already plan out my weekly meals in advance, so why not share the inspiration with you all?
Now for less rambling and more usable information. Here’s my first “On the Menu” post!
- Tastefully Julie: Black Bean, Corn and Edamame Salad
- A Thought For Food: Roasted Tomatoes with Pesto
- Pink Parsley: BBQ Pasta Salad
- Petite Kitchenesse: Zucchini and Sweet Corn Pizza
- Oh She Glows: Spicy BBQ Chickpea Burgers
- Culinary Adventures in the Kitchen: Mexican Lasagna
What are you cooking this week?
Of note: I am vegetarian and Dan eats meat. Generally, I make vegetarian entrees with meat on the side. For example, the roasted tomatoes and pesto would pair wonderfully with some grilled chicken.
On a related note, a recent survey from Match.com and Today.com showed that nearly 30 percent of meat eaters would not date a vegetarian. I chalk it up to a lack of understanding about how easily vegetarians can be accommodated. (Plus, that 30 percent sounds like a bunch of jerks.)